Coaches- We are starting to phase out of four days per week of speed, agility, and conditioning and into more position/skill specific training. However, today we were back at our usual circuit work. We lead every speed session (approx. 1 hour) off with interval runs (Sprint/Jog/Sprint) followed by a 200 yard family jog.
We then set up 4-5 circuits usually consisting of:
Mat Drills, Agility Ladders, Bag Drills, and 2 variable drills. Today’s variables were a series of cut drills using cones, and short hurdles.
variations can include:
- plate clean w/ 5 yard sprints
- low hurdles (stiff leg, step over-1 foot, step over-2 feet)
- bear crawls and sandbag pulls
- crab crawls w/ sandbag on belly
- figure 8 chases
- jump cuts w/ bags or cones